Being efficient while working from home can be a challenge. It’s up to you to motivate yourself and be just as focused and effective as you would in the workplace.
Set yourself up for success, and consider these tips to stay accountable and productive:
- Establish a designated workspace. It might be tempting to work from your couch or bed, but that could impact your productivity. Try to work from a consistent room, desk or chair so you can mentally enter work mode.
- Dress like you’re at work. Sticking to a routine and getting ready will trigger your brain that it’s time to work, giving you a little energy boost before you sit down.
- Plan your working hours. Setting consistent hours keeps you accountable to yourself and your manager. When planning your day, consider the following:
- Do the highest priority tasks first.
- Tackle the hardest work when you have the most energy.
- Separate work time and personal time. Try to stick to your workday schedule and log off as planned to prevent burnout. If available, don’t forget to take personal days—even if you are just staying at home.
Lastly, it’s important to set boundaries with your kids, pets and other roommates. It’s likely easier said than done, but try to encourage them to leave you alone during those designated work hours.
By Zywave, Inc.